Sunday, August 23, 2009

Maxi Dress

It's So Easy Simplicity 2638.

Fabric Used: Some poly blend I think. Bought at Jo-Ann's 60% of sale.

How Long Did it Take: I worked on this last Saturday, while my husband and his friend when putting new windows in our house.

How Long Did It Take: Sewed it up in about six hours last weekend. I already had the pattern cut out so about seven hours altogether from start to finish.

Complexity Of Pattern: This was an easy pattern nothing to complex other than a little confusion on how to seam the bodice lining and side seam together but I worked it out.

Overall Review: I love the shape of this dress it's very flattering. The bodice is lined which I like. I could have done with it being a little bit bigger in the bust area. I have not hemmed it yet waiting to see if I like the maxi look on me if not I'll shorten it. The only change I made to the pattern was to put in an invisible zipper.

Friday, August 21, 2009

McCall's 3566
Fabric Used: Swimwear fabric that I pick up at Jo-ann's sale table for $3.00 yard

Complexity Of Pattern: This was an easy pattern. The instructions were very clear and easy to understand.

How Long Did It Take: I made this in about four hours.

Overall Review: This was my first swimsuit and it was much easier to make than I thought it would be. The top is fully lined which I like. The bottoms are just lined at the crotch area. The next time I make this I will fully line the bottoms also. It was also nice that it had separate pattern pieces for a C cup. I made the size 12 and it fits great. I now plan on making one for my daughter.

Saturday, August 15, 2009


Fabric Used: Embroidered Taffeta Total of nine yards.

Complexity Of Pattern: This is the first time I have make curtains using a pattern. In the past I have just sewed some basic straight curtains. The pattern is simplicity 5318 .The instructions where clear and easy to understand.

Changes To Pattern: The only change I made was to line the side drapes. The pattern called for just the valance to be lined. I thought they would hang better with a lining.

How long Did It Take: I worked on these for a couple of days maybe nine hours total.

Overall Review: I love how these turned out. I'm now working on making a new fabric headboard and covering my trunk in the bedroom in fabric I bought to accent my curtains.