Friday, June 11, 2010

Butterick Jacket

Butterick 5332

I made this jacket in the spring. I thought it would be a nice addition to my wardrobe to use when the weather was still a little cool. Here is the pattern review.

Pattern Description:


MISSES' JACKET: Loose-fitting, unlined jackets A, B, C, D, slightly below waist length has collar, front variations, single or double-breasted front button closures and stitched hems. A, C: short sleeves with button and button loop closures. B, D: elbow length sleeves. D: stitched pleats in sleeves.

Pattern Sizing:

8-14 I used the size 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes it did.



Were the instructions easy to follow?

I found the instructions very easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the sleeves on view c the version I made.



Fabric Used:

Pique I bought this fabric last year for a $1.50 a yard at the end of the summer. Once I seen this pattern I knew it would be perfect for this pattern.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I took in the side seams an extra 3/4 inc to give a more fitted look.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I would sew this again.

Conclusion:

Great little jacket.


Thanks for stopping by my blog.....Have a great weekend every one.

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh I likey and glad you enjoyed working it up... I have that pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous summer jacket. I love the colour and those sleeves with the interesting button and loop finish are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute jacket! I had never noticed the interesting sleeve detail on that pattern before. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous color for summer + the fit is extremely flattering. I really adore the sleeve detailing too!

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good in your cute jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and the color is flattering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.